Save Tullig from West Cork Distillers

Invalid Planning Application Submission Refund

By Calvin Jones on September 1, 2021

Cork County Council's decision to declare West Cork Distillers' planning application 21/458 invalid last week means that if you made a submission in relation to that application you can now:

  • Use your original submission receipt to lodge a future submission in person at the West Cork Planning Office in Skibbereen.


  • Request a refund of your original fee by emailing the West Cork Planning office.

What does this mean?

Basically it means that, if West Cork Distillers make a new planning application, you can make a new submission in person at the Skibbereen planning office without having to pay the usual €20 submission fee. Just show your receipt and staff at the planning office will accept that in lieu of payment.

What about online Submissions?

Unfortunately you can't use your receipt as a credit towards a future online submissions. In that case you'll need to send an email to the West Cork Planning Office requesting a refund of your fee to your original payment card.

Then, should the need arise, you can simply make your online submission as usual, paying the €20 fee again at the time.

How do I request a refund?

You can request a refund by emailing [email protected] with the following information:

  • The planning application reference number (21/458)
  • The name on the original submission
  • The address on the original submission
  • Text requesting a refund of your original submission fee

You will receive an acknowledgement email from the West Cork Planning Office and your refund should be processed soon afterwards.

To make it easy, we've put together an email template for you to use. Simply copy the sample email text below and paste it into your email, replacing our placeholder text with your own information where relevant.

Email To: [email protected]

Email Subject: Planning Submission Refund Request: Application #21/458

A Chara,

As planning application #21/458 has been declared invalid by Cork County Council I would like to request a refund of the fee paid for my submission relating to that application.

Name on Submission: [Replace with name on original Submission]
Address on Submission: [Replace with address on original Submission]

Please arrange for a refund to the payment card used for the original transaction at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Is mise le meas,

[Replace with your name]

Article written by Calvin Jones
Calvin Jones is an author, freelance writer and naturalist who lives just down the road from the proposed development, in the adjacent townland of Clounkeen East. He is the founder of Ireland's Wildlife.

Related Posts


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This